05 August 2007

Daily Debriefing

Trans completed:

  • A Row
  • B Row
  • C Row
  • D Row
4 Row's down, 9 left. Not bad all in all, even more so as I go over ground I'm taking care to ensure all the edges line up, and heights are maintained consistently. Its a pain, but A-D are my baby, and more to the point, I think I'll be taking over Row E as well to ensure the mountain range mesh's back to land level well. Once I get Row E connected in terms of Trans, then I'll spend probably 4-8 hours going over area's and remapping it all to update on the web-map.



I may go do a few simple area's today, but you can see in particular, I took some time to dress up C10 & C11(Ur'krhurthk). I've also extended the road all the way up and out to B06 where it will lead into the fortress city of A06(Waurhkhathth). But I don't want to get into map making yet when I know C Row is liable to change, and I may change B Row to offer some nice steppe terrain with possibly caves here and there..

Additionally, While I was working on C10 & 11 I thought up a nice little quest to work in there, as you can see on C10 there's a bridge across a lake that leads into the terrain. Its my half cocked notion to have a quest from the cities guard captain(or more likely an LT who doesn't want the job) to send the PC to kill the leader of the Miscellaneous_humanoid_tribe who lives there and return with his head.

The reason being of course, the tribe could easily despoil the supply of fresh water that leads through the town and out into the sea. However, I'm thinking it would be far more interesting if the options were above and beyond a simple killing. Maybe negotiate a truce, or Talk the tribe into serving Prince Mardak.

The possibilities are endless, but it's little things like that which will bring the place to life I think.

No comments: